Junior and intermediate engineer
YRH, a dynamic telecommunications and broadcasting engineering consulting firm, is looking for dedicated, determined, team-players for full-time positions at the Montreal office. YRH is an equal-opportunity employer and invites all qualified persons to apply for this position.
We are looking for candidates with experience in design and detail engineering especially applied to the deployment of cellular networks and microwave links IP technologies, optoelectronic equipment and the design of telecommunications sites.
Junior and intermediate engineer (Telecommunications)
Completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (B.Eng.)
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of project manager or director of engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the planning, design and detail engineering;
- Taking part in technical surveys;
- Preparing technical drawings and specifications according to the clients’ requirements;
- Analysing and solving various technical problems;
- Participating in project advancement meetings;
- Working in collaboration with other groups involved in a project;
- Technical support for the client;
- Capacity for work in a structured and organised environment (standards and methods).
Profile and requirements
The candidate will have between a few months to 5 years relevant experience among the following fields:
- OIQ (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec) member in good standing
- Engineering degree from a recognised Canadian engineering school
- AC/DC power supply systems
- Telecommunication equipment room design
- Outside networks /FTTH (fibre to the home) technologies
- IP networks and solutions
- Structured cabling
- Optoelectronic equipment (transport and access networks)
- Wireless communication system (microwaves, cellular, Wi-Fi)
- Knowledge and experience with cellular, telecommunications, cabled distribution or Hydro-Quebec standards will be considered an asset
- Capacity for technical writing
- Available for travel within Quebec and Canada
- ASP Accreditation (Health and Safety on Construction Sites) will be an asset
- Office software knowledge: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), Visio, AutoCAD
- Knowledge of specialized software like Pathloss, Mentum Planet EV, iBwave will be an asset.
What we offer
- Regular full-time position: 37.5h/week, possibility of paid overtime
- Remote work policy and flexible hours
- Competitive compensation plan, including bonuses
- Flexible group insurance plan
- Group RRSP
- Training and skills development program.