IP/MPLS Solutions Engineer
Yves R. Hamel et Associes Inc. (YRH), a dynamic telecommunications and broadcasting engineering consulting firm, is looking for dedicated, determined, team-players for full-time positions in the “Infrastructures and IP Solutions” division at the Montreal office. YRH is an equal-opportunity employer and invites all qualified persons to apply for this position.
Work Location: Montreal
Education Level: B. Eng or B. Sc.
Specialization: Electrical or Computer Engineering
Tasks and responsibilities: We are looking for candidates with experience in design and detailed engineering especially applied to IP/MPLS Solutions.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of engineering director for telecommunications and IP Solutions, you will:
- Take part in the planning, design and detail engineering;
- Take part in surveys;
- Take part in developing plans, specifications and technical documents, based on clients’ needs;
- Analyse and solve technical problems;
- Take part in project advancement meetings;
- Collaborate with other participants;
- Provide customer support;
- Work in a structured environment, subject to standards and procedures.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the following fields:
- IP Solutions and Networks
- Optoelectronic Equipment (transport and access networks)
- Technical knowledge in telecommunications and IP networks;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IP engineering concepts;
- Knowledge in the management of IP/MPLS networks will be an asset;
- CCNA, NNCP or equivalent certification will be an asset;
- OIQ (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec) member in good standing;
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications, cabled distribution or Hydro-Quebec standards will be considered an asset;
- Skilled at technical writing;
- Available for travel within Quebec;
- Excellent written and spoken English and French skills;
- Basic office software knowledge (Microsoft Office, Visio).
Note : This position may be filled by a technician with relevant experience.